“Charity” is an oil painting on panel (156×122 cm) by Francesco de Rossi, known as Salviati, dating to 1545 and housed in the Uffizi Galleries, Florence. The young woman kneeling in the foreground stands out against the drapes in the background. She is clothed in a lightweight robe that enhances her prosperous, sculptural curves and leaves one breast bare. She is surrounded by three children: one is playing with her robe, while the others cling to her shoulder and thigh, exchanging affectionate glances. Salviati has constructed the four figures as if they were a single body, connecting each movement harmoniously within a highly sophisticated balance of elements inspired by Michelangelo’s “Doni Tondo”.